Sunday, March 24, 2013

Turkey-White Bean Soup

I enjoy playing in the kitchen, and every now and then I'll write down what I've come up with.  One yummy soup I came up with as a post-Thanksgiving use of turkey:

Chicken broth to pot (4 cups),
with one can drained and lightly mashed white beans (white kidney beans),
cumin, 1 tsp + (I use 1 Tablespoon),
oregano, 1 tsp,
minced garlic, 2 + cloves (I use 4 cloves),
salt, 1/4 tsp,
black pepper, 1/4 tsp,
shredded, chopped, pulled (whatever) turkey breast,
frozen corn (or fresh, off cob), 1 cup,
juice of one lime


Bring to boil, then simmer for 30 or more minutes.

Serve with Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese and tortilla chips.  Sour cream if desired.

The turkey breast I used had been roasted with a rosemary, thyme, garlic rub.

No comments: