Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Dinner

Here is the menu for Christmas Dinner - just the four of us, so we'll have lots of left-overs!

Double-berry salad (raspberry gelatin/cranberry sauce)
Herb-roasted turkey with Glazed Carrots (fresh sage and the last carrots from the garden)
Sausage dressing
Broccoli
Sweet Potato Casserole
Buttermilk biscuits

Two-tone Pound Cake

I'm getting started today, since I'm the only one who cooks, and tomorrow Christmas Mass is at 1pm (we only have the one option here), so that ends up right in the middle of prime cooking time.  Though Father may end on time so he can catch the mid-afternoon ferry back home. :-)

Oh, and I can't forget, I'm also making chocolate chip cookies for Santa. 

If I'm feeling bold tomorrow, I'll post pictures of dinner, a la Fr. Z! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ma'am

Not sure whether you've been absent from Fr. Lawrence Lew's blog, but take a look at his Epiphany homily. I think you're gonna like it - I did. (Fr. PNP hasn't posted his one yet...).

And happy New Year.